EVERY YEAR, THE ViU ORGANIZES :
- A concert - the pieces played are selected anonymously by a jury of music professionals. The call for works is launched in October and November for a concert that takes place every winter in Montreal, integrated into the regular season of Le Vivier, which allows for great visibility and professional presentation conditions.
- The Interuniversity Collaboration Project (ICP), which brings together performers and creators around a project built together throughout the year with mentoring. The ICP results in recordings of works, which are very useful for the portfolios of musicians at the beginning of their careers.
- Meetings, discussions, work-in-progress sharing spaces, networking evenings, workshops and open rehearsals, offering members the opportunity to get closer to the actors of the new music world.
THE 2022-23 ViU SEASON IN FIGURES
- 7th full season of activities
- over 40 members
- More than 150 students involved in the project
- 18 conferences and workshops, 10 workshares
- A sold-out annual concert (120 people) + over 500 viewings one year later; 8 composers; 16 performers on stage; Professional recording by La Conserve Media.
- 3rd year of the Collaborative Project: 10 composers for as many works created, 23 performers, professional recording by La Conserve Media.
WHAT THE ViU OFFERS TO STUDENTS
- A professional concert hall
- Visibility and professional experience as part of the Vivier season
- Quality video and audio recordings for their portfolio
- Student professionalization and mentoring
BECOME A MEMBER
Membership cards are available from the delegates who form the ViU via online registration. The individual membership card ($10) entitles the member to participate in activities, meetings, general meetings, workshops, and the call for works for the ViU annual concert.
The ViU membership card also gives access to a preferential rate for most of Le Vivier's concerts and events! For more information, follow us on our Facebook page or write to us at vivierinteruniversitaire [at] gmail [dot] comclass="spamspan".