Call for artistic proposal - Montreal student composer
December 17 21 - 16:15
As part of the second part of the international event Résonance croisée, and in collaboration with L'Arsenale and Filippo Perocco, Le Vivier is very pleased to offer Montreal student composers the opportunity to compose a work for mixed ensemble, which will be premiered on April 14, 2022.
Candidates will be evaluated on their artistic proposal for an 8-minute work for 5 instruments (soprano, alto saxophone, accordion, piano, electric guitar).
Required elements for the application file:
- short paragraph (250 words max.) on the artistic proposal: what you intend to do if you are chosen
- a few examples of your work (existing scores) representative of the conditions of the commission (mixed ensemble), ideally accompanied by an audio recording
- short bio (paragraph, link to website or attached document)
- you must be a member of the Vivier Interuniversitaire (ViU) in order to submit an application*.
* To become a member of ViU, two options:
- please fill out the form
- or contact us at: vivierinteruniversitaire [at] gmail [dot] com.
The final score will be due by March 10, 2022. The work will be performed by L'Arsenale as a world premiere in Montreal during the event Résonance croisée on April 14, 2022. The candidate must be available to the ensemble before the event.
There is no guaranteed fee for the commission of this work, but Le Vivier may, if necessary, assist the applicant in applying for a grant.
DEADLINE for proposals: January 5, 2022
ADDITIONAL DELAY GRANTED UNTIL JANUARY 14, 2022, at 11.59 PM.